Sunday, March 10, 2013

I call them my Clinker-Clankers


 Song of the Post: Hear the Noise that Moves So Soft and low - James Vincent McMorrow


It's a sickness. Like the morning after something horrible has happened sickness. Knowing what I need to do, I know a lot these days. I'm talented, my mom tells me I am the architect of my world. I guess she's right.
It just feels bereft of fulfillment. Maybe I'm not far along enough. The cerulean sky talks to me sometimes. she tells me I'm like her in her vast expanse of blue and beauty. I'm still not sure if I believe her.

My life gets hot sometimes. I feel like I'm changing, it's uncomfortable and beautiful. This life is a crucible. I'm sure it's good but the enormity of all of it, is really overwhelming sometimes.

My bones tell me to do what I want. They are so loud and clanky. I want to break myself sometimes. Bones are like statues, cracking with time. Resembling something that once was or someone who once lived. Beautiful and off-white, off centered and off balanced. People walk by without remembering and that makes my bones mad. They don't know that people can't hear them screaming "Just listen!... Shut the hell up and listen to what I'm saying!" No sound escapes through my skin, cracked it may be. This is where it gets a little scary. My bones start acting irrationally and this is usually the part when they try to strangle everyone within 5 feet.

I work out. Good thing too, or I'd be strangling all you fascists right here right now.

But every once and a while, I break. The calcium lines and curves take over, and I'm left to my own bones to wreak havoc upon innocent bystanders.

They call it manic-depression. I call it noisy bones.





Love always, Alex


1 comment:

  1. "I feel like I'm changing, it's uncomfortable and beautiful."
    simple. but so so true. this blog is Unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete