Monday, March 25, 2013

Shake the Dust.


 Song of the Day: 'Damnation' - Baths

This poem is for the Hipsters.

This is for the kids who think like their mothers.
This is for the boys who think like their brothers.
This, this is for the kids who take water bottles to school and clutch them like it's the last water they'll ever see.
This is for the recess guards and the high school janitors.
Shake the Dust.
Rid yourself of staleness, and dream a little.
This is for the kids down the street who never stop playing basketball, 
Shake the Dust. 
There's plenty of world out there and life's too short to play basketball your whole life.
This is for the girls who love a manic-depressive writer with a huge imagination.
This is for the tattoo artists who don't have tattoos, congrats, you're makin' it.
This is for the girl with the dirt under her rosebushes, I'll miss you forever, but it's winter here and I can't see you, so I'm not thinking about you because it's hard to think about something that doesn't even want to be seen.
This is for the old men still in boy scouts. 
Shake the Dust.
You think these boys love scouting as much as you do, but they don't. 
*This is for the children who speak half English, half God.
Shake the Dust. 
Don't EVER put away your toys
This is for the kids without lovers and don't mind being lonely, it's gunna be alright, I know because *like me, the day burns at both ends, and spring always manages to step forward after every single winter.

Dance like no one is watching and blink like you don't wear contacts.

Shake the Dust.



Love, Alex

*idea for this poem from 'Shake the Dust' by Anis Mojgani.
*indicates, Stolen line.

4 comments:

  1. I loved all of this! I love how you made that line your own. I love how you made me think of all those people and which one I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I didn't have to delete my comment. I un-anomynously like this post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Really like this. Like a lot. I'm not entirely sure why, and not a certain line stood out to me. But thank you.

    ReplyDelete