Sunday, May 19, 2013

#RealTalk


Song of The Day: England - The National 
(Coming to Twilight Concert Series in SLC August 1st)

Here's a quote that I felt was applicable to this prompt:

It’s easy to take off all your clothes and have sex. People do it all the time. But opening up your soul to someone, letting them into your spirit, thoughts, fears, future, hopes, dreams.. Now that’s being naked.
and with that, here's my post kids. 
There's a kid we all know, one with green eyes and red hair. He's a likable character but sometimes you only see what's on the outside. He walks like he's got some place to be. He has funny little freckles that are hard to see, but they're there, trust me.

He digs his elbows in, and he wants the world all to himself.
He's a god fearin' man, but he ain't about to preach to the choir.
He doesn't laugh much, but when he does, he laughs for a reason, like the Earth, the Earth that laughs once a year around spring time, the Earth that laughs flowers. He finds it hard to wake up every morning and convince himself that he is different than every other pile of bones walkin' this rock we call home.He knows he's nothin' special, and He tries to hard but there's something out there for Him he can feel it in his veins.

There's an anxiousness in his stomach all the time and sometimes he can't eat, and sometimes he writes like it's his last day and sometimes he really thinks it's his last day. But he's not selfish.

He doesn't like being touched by people he doesn't like and he likes the taste of fresh mountain air on his lungs after a long dose of velvet pages full of beautiful words.
He watches close and learns quick.

He may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but he could rip the shed walls down, without disturbing the tools inside.

He wishes he had her, sequoia limbs, West coast lips, East coast wrists and diamond eyes and all in his arms, the arms which look much bigger in the mirror than they do in real life. They will run together, socks up to their knees, hands out like wings through the trees without touching them. He's no snake handler but He would hold her tight like the gentle shore and the fine sand. She is his royalty and his goosebumps. He has never met her, but when he does she'll say "I love you the way I bruise without touching, and the way you forget my birthday but bring me flowers the day after." (He'll laugh and say He would never forget her birthday, but he will.)


That's how He'll know She Is The One.

He knows that someday the world will be his, but for know he's just writing rhymes on napkins, crackin spines, takin names and reading out loud.
Love Always,
                   Zack "Alexander James" Taylor

 

6 comments:

  1. I want to say I knew it, but I didn't bother guessing. Thanks for your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me want to start an open mic top 5.

    I'm going to start an open mic top 5.

    I think this will be in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Consider this your invitation to the summer blog series.

    Visit writersparis.blogspot.com if you're interested.

    #summerblogs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, after a grand expedition through your blog, I have made it here. And through all the brilliance thus far I'm glad it felt like it was enough that your revealing of your name comes with a rush of excitement for me.

    "He's no snake handler but He would hold her tight like the gentle shore and the fine sand. She is his royalty and his goosebumps. He has never met her, but when he does she'll say "I love you the way I bruise without touching, and the way you forget my birthday but bring me flowers the day after." (He'll laugh and say He would never forget her birthday, but he will.)"

    This was incredible. And that starting quote though.

    P.S. This is fascinating because I know you in real life, but it's not like we're super close friends or anything.

    P.S.S. You truly have a keen sense of Insolence, which is a beautiful thing to have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are beautiful.

    This was beautiful.

    "He digs his elbows in, and he wants the world all to himself."

    ""I love you the way I bruise without touching,"

    I'm sorry I don't have anything beautifully intelligent to say about how much I loved this. I wish we were friends. Like, not the kind you just have on facebook and you know who they are. You seem like a very interesting human being...and that is unique and truly inspiring.

    Love, some other human.

    ReplyDelete