Saturday, June 8, 2013

Tell 'em how it is.

Song: Sleeping at last - 500 Miles
I'm headed to Berlin, please don't follow me, please don't try to contact me, please don't come to Berlin either.
Now that that's out of the way I can ask a favor.
Send a message back for me.
Tell them I was always on time, but I was also always late. The whole mind and body in the same place theory is completely wrong.
Tell them I'm always wondering and I don't stick to anything.
Tell them about the orange I left in the drawer downstairs, I'm sure it's rock solid by know, which of course was my goal. (Enjoy)
Tell them about the secret in the journals, and the broken light bulb pile under my dresser.
Tell them I took my boots but the sneakers are right where they left them.

Tell Mr. Nelson I'll still be writing.
Tell my mother it was never her fault, and not to worry.

Tell them I hated them all. Tell them I needed help but it was never given to me.

Tell dad to be there for the next son.
Tell them to be there for their sons.

Tell the teenagers that it's alright. Everyone's got something wrong with them. There will always be stereotypes and mispronunciations, but deep down everyone is fighting a battle.

All teenagers are messed up. In all honesty. Don't worry kiddo. You'll be fine.

 We are the Nostalgic Generation. We grew up in a transition age. We went from hand-written letters to electronic mails, and from film to digital. We really really really liked new things, neglecting the way we spend our afternoons. Cupcakes and tea. Play-Doh and Polly Pockets. Young to naive. Technology changed the way we waited and really destroyed our patience and we grew up too fast. The simple things in life seems more meaningful now that it's fading. We grew up in the age of transition and have become the generation of nostalgia.

Love Zack

3 comments:

  1. You done told 'em how it is.

    Very interesting take on technology and nostalgia and your generation.

    I might follow you to Berlin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I relate to this. And it's not a relatable post.
    Oh well. It's good. And now I'm thinking.

    Berlin is waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I better look out below. The song has never been more beautiful than with these words and a moment of reading has never been more frozen in time.

    ReplyDelete