Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Binocular

You asked me what I was looking for, as always, I told you "I don't know." sorry about that by the way. I always don't know, I know it bugs the hell out of you. I sometimes just don't think enough for there to be an answer where I can say "I do know, Let me tell you".

Well, I have an answer, and I know it's a little to late. I know you were never really into me that much and that's okay. This probably doesn't even matter that much. It's really easy to pretend it doesn't matter, I pretend it doesn't matter, wear a smile and act like my heart isn't broken. Broken by someone who was never mine. 

My answer, is I am always looking for something; anything. You asked me what I was looking for. I am looking for a girl who will love me back a little bit... That was a joke, I want a girl who will love me like I love her, the same way the sun loves the moon. 
Undoubtedly you don't think about that stuff, I would have told you that and you would have asked me why I am bringing the moon and the sun into the conversation. I would say I don't know. 
I am looking for a girl with sunkissed lips and the wanderlust brown eyes. 
I am looking for Magic and forests and someone who is just as lost as I am.

You asked me what I was looking for, I told you I don't know.

Now I know. 

I am looking for the ocean in Utah. I am looking for 2 hands just a little smaller than mine.
Smiles with gaps and fingernails that are chipped. Callouses on our hands from the garden and a nose I can kiss.

Now you're gone, and I have answer. You asked me what I was looking for, and the answer is you.



6 comments:

  1. Oh gosh. Like you could write anything crap. Wishful thinking. Marry me?
    "Sorry about that by the way"
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really easy to pretend it doesn't matter.

    Favorite line. Probably because it's so true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for the ocean in Utah for about 15 years. I'll let you know if I find it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please never stop writing, honestly.

    I am inspired by you, unsurprisingly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every girl wants a guy who would write them a love letter like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what to say. I don't know what to say, your words are pure poetry. And I don't know how to describe it any other way, because I think that word encompasses so so much.

    ReplyDelete