Monday, January 28, 2013

Alex; Not a robot.

Song of the day: Surrender - Joshua James


I know I'm human Because of the the small beauty beating life into my limbs encased by flush skin stretched thin over my rib bones. This skin is my sails. The sails I ride the wind, cold and empathetic. I know I'm human because I dream. I know I'm human because I'm constantly at war with myself and I disobey. My life is a constant HUMAN VS. ROBOT battle. In fact, we're all part of this war. I fight the robot everyday, keep it at bay at the very least. Everyone is trying to prove they're not human. I'm just trying to stay human.

I know I'm human because I've been sad. I have suffered and have had pain. But I just keep truckin' you know. Sadness isn't a mountain you can summit, or a box you can close and stand on top of. Our Pain isn't something we can just "get over". So don't expect yourself to just get over it. I know I'm human because I can't "get over it" Because it's a maze and a jungle and an ocean, suffering is. I know I'm human because I trust maps. You'll have to follow that map and you'll have to improvise, too, and slice vines with your machete and make sure you have an oxygen tank and flippers. You'll never get over it. But the promise is that you will get through it and that's a lot better, too, because running and climbing and swimming is a real work-out. I know I'm human because I can get stronger.



 I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human anyway.



Love, Alex



5 comments:

  1. I cant describe to you how much I love this.

    "Sadness isn't a mountin you can summit, or a box you can close and stand on top of."

    "I know I'm human because I can get stronger."

    Simple truths.

    -Cora.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you know that sadness isn't something easy.
    But for the record, some of us just don't want to move on because it's hard.
    So we sit on top of the trees and watch the world from our sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm just trying to stay human."

    I love you sir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. stolen. "small beauty beating life into my limbs"

    ReplyDelete